What I Have Been Waiting for Since Arriving July 9, 2008


I officially found out what ship i will be spending the next four months on!! I am going to be on the APL President Jackson, a container ship that is 902 ft. long, which is about three football fields long.

So where will i be going? I depart NY on November 5 and will travel to Dubai, Sri Lanka - India, Port Kelan - Malaysia, Singapore, the Suez Canal, The Straits of Gibralter, and the Gulf of Aden... to go to Singapore and back will take around 60 days... i will do two runs, which equals to 112 days out at sea. This is about the closest you can come to taking a ship, who has a scheduled route, around the world. Lots of picture opportunities!!
This is the Route to Singapore via the Atlantic Ocean. (Click to see bigger)

This is the route from singapore back to U.S. via Atlantic Ocean. (click to see bigger)

I am so excited and can't wait to get out there and see the world.
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Dearest Keegan!
    I have already sent one comment to you, not showing that you got it. Just in case, I just want you to know how proud of you I am..This is quite a thrill for you, I know. Such a great opportunity of seeing the world and you not being on active duty. That helps me to except it better. I know that we will miss you, but this time will just fly by, I know., As I said before, I wish you the best and will continue to pray for your safety and will be looking forward you coming home for a few days. That way, we can give you a better send off that way. The Ship is beautiful. The history of this Ship is very interesting. Love you and miss you. Love "Gingall"