Goodbye School, Hello World


Today was my last day at home... I got to do so many incredible things while spending a short vacation back home in Texas. Flying with an awesome friend for some to kill for BBQ, taking a grandma flying for the first time in a long time, eating with a gingall in her halloween costume when nobody else was dressed up! haha There was so much to do and so many people to see. But i think that i got to see everyone (at least i hope i did).

Everyone is asking what i am feeling? What thoughts are going through my head? Am I excited? To answer these questions... yes, I am SO excited, but at the same time I am feeling nervous with a little anxiety thrown in the mix! haha What is there not to be excited about. I'm heading off to go around the globe (LITERALLY) and get paid... who else gets that opportunity. The moment that i have waited for, for a year and a half, has finally made its approach and has arrived. There is nothing that I or anyone else can do to stop it.

I am going to miss my family, the support system, and all of my friends who somehow seem to make me laugh every hour of the day at the #1 school in the nation for unhappiest students. There is so much to miss, that's what makes this the hardest.

So when 8 am arrives thursday morning, after one look at my sea partner and a nod of approval, I am going to take a bold step and lead one foot behind the other... I am going to walk up that gangway and make my presence known... KEEGAN farley has arrived. Go ahead world, throw what you can at me, nothing is stopping me now, there is nothing in this world that I or anyone else in this world can't achieve. Dream it, Believe it, Do it.

Thanks to everyone who believed in me, kept pushing me to go forward and not give up. This trip is for you!
5 Responses
  1. Loyce Says:

    Have a fun and safe trip.
    Enjoyed seeing you again.
    Going miss reading your e-mail.
    Love.
    Aunt Loyce


  2. Unknown Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    THat was a great blog.. the best yet. Made me sad and happy at the same time. You didn't mention anything about me though.. your mom who loves you and had fun with you while you were down. I hope you did enjoy your stay. I love you with all my heart and of course we miss you like crazy.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    There is no doubt in my mind that you will continue to amaze everyone that has ever had the previledge of knowing or even meeting you Keegan. I have seen many young men in my life in various stages of their life...but, I have never seen a person like you who has been at the highest peak of their life, at every stage of their life. Yet, it has never surprised me. I remember a time when you said that you could "be President of the United States someday"...and if it ever happened, it wouldn't surprise me.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    My Dearest Grandson,
    My My how I miss you. You bring so much joy to so many people. You are something else, as I have always said. You're such a special person. You have always had high goals ever since you were just a young boy. The thing about it, you have always accomplished those goals in life, so far. I know it's a opportunity that most young men aren't priviledged to have, but you are such a wise young man and think things through before doing them. Look where it has gotten you. A OFFICER IN TRAINING. Not a bad accomplishement dear one. I'm so proud of you and love you dearly. Be safe and just know that my prayers are with you daily. See you when you return. Time will go by fast, I feel. You will be so busy. Hang in, remember, God is at your side at all times, as I have always told you since you were a little boy. Love "Gingall"